1st Action Charges
Our Charges for Emergency Repairs
We do not charge just for a call out.
We do charge you a minimum charge for a diagnosis but this will be given to you when you call and in many cases our engineers will also be able to complete the repair within this price.
However if it cannot be dealt with like this the engineer will give a fixed price to carry out the job. You will be under obligation to pay the cost of the diagnosis charge given to you by our call centre but not under any obligation to accept any further costs without your full agreement
Our plumbers and gas engineers are expected to deal with your fault as cleanly and efficiently as possible and ensure that you are fully acquainted with what is being done and just how much it will be costing you.
1st Action Pricing Policy
1st Action has a clear and easy to understand policy on charging and any of our operatives who disregard this policy and in particular overcharge will be subjected to our disciplinary action.
We respect the recommendations of customers who are both satisfied and we hope, delighted with the service that we have provided.
We understand that all our customers are looking for a fair charge for the work that we have carried out for them.
Unfortunately as an emergency service the costs of some repairs are more expensive than had been anticipated but our customers return to us because they trust our judgement and that of our engineers.
We employ expert experienced engineers who we trust will provide you with the best solution to your problem
We set high standards and guarantee all our work with the exception of drain clearance.
We aspire to provide a high standard of workmansip to provide a long term solution to our customers but if you feel that our engineers have not met these high standards please let our customer services department know.
1st Action will always:
- Notify you on your first call to our office of the minimum costs for attending your premises to review your position and diagnose any faults along with the remedy. We will always make sure that your premises are safe before we leave.
- If the problem can be immediately remedied without any spare parts you will not be charged any further costs.
- Before commencing any further work our engineer will give you a firm price in writing that includes a detailed description of the work to be carried which will not be exceeded and will be the subject of the contract between us.
- This price will include and replace any initial charges for the diagnosis.
- In the very few cases when an hourly rate is quoted we will only charge for time spent at a job and the number of hours worked.
- Chargeable time spent off site collecting materials will not exceed 45 minutes unless agreed with you.
- 1st Action Plumbers will always supply and warrant any materials installed for both parts and labour to reinstall in the event of a failure.(Please note any parts supplied by a customer do not carry this warrantee)
- All parts supplied will be charged at reasonable rates.
- If an hourly rate has been quoted we will not charge for time spent away from the job unnecessarily, and our engineer or our office will always keep you informed before leaving the job.
- A 1st Action engineer will not waste time on the job at your expense.
- On completion of the job our engineer will present you with an invoice for the amount agreed with you before the job was commenced giving a detailed description of the work carried out.
- We will not charge for unnecessary work
- The 1st Action policy is to provide a first class service at a fair price – our pricing policy is to reflect this.
- We will not overcharge customers under any circumstances.
We keep our charges so that you are always aware of exactly what you are facing as we feel that too many times are we seeing on expose programmes that plumbers charge the earth for doing very little. Yes we charge a call out fee but rest assured that our heating engineers will endeavour to repair the fault within this price and usually this is the case, however should we need to come back to carry out further works you will be kept abreast of the further charges which will be explained in full by our plumbers in London for you. Other plumbing companies profess this but we have built our company on the back of this promise and that is why we are called out for thousands of boiler repairs a year.