From 6th April 2018 the legislation coming in the heating manufacture and installation in the UK and there are some huge changes.
- Boiler Plus requires all new boiler installs to have a minimum ERP efficiency of 92%
- Homeowners and installers must then select from four different energy-saving measures to work alongside this:
- Lead Compensation control
- Weather compensation Unit
- Smart thermostat Like Nest, VRT 50 etc
- Or Flue gas heat recovery
- Homeowners who knowingly allow non-compliant work to be carried out could also face prosecution and fines of up to £5,000.