Cat Causes Co Scare

A family fell ill with carbon monoxide poisoning after their cat’s hair blocked the ventilation to the homes boiler. The Adams family of Ringwood, Hampshire, started feeling the effects of the toxic gas in January. Inspectors discovered the boiler, which requires fresh air to be pumped in and out for ventilation, was completely blocked with cat hair. It has since been cleared and member of the family has recovered. Apparently, Max the cat used to lie in front of the ventilator, under the families gas fire, causing his fur to build up in the appliance.

Warning – check your vents or have them checked regularly.