The Gas Safe Register takes over from 1st April 2009.
1st Action expressed their concern on BBC News Breakfast on 17th March 2009 watch video that the general public was not being made aware that from 1st April 2009 the ONLY qualification for a gas engineer was the Gas Safe Register and CORGI was no longer a valid qualification to do the job.
We urge the Health and Safety Executive who set the standards for the new Gas Safe Register to make sure that it is made clear to the public that CORGI has been replaced by this new standard and that they must be just as vigilant in employing only a Gas Safe Registered boiler engineer as they were about CORGI.
All 1st Action gas boiler engineers are Gas Safe Registered
We cannot over emphasise the dangers of a poor installation of gas boilers and equipment.
Whilst properly installed and serviced boilers, cookers and gas fires are perfectly safe, badly fitted boilers that are not serviced regularly hold killer dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and explosion.